Monday, May 6, 2013

Personalized Birthday Card with Monkey Magnet


This past weekend, my son celebrated his fifth birthday. He's such a little monkey that I decided to use the monkey cut (at 4") from the Cricut Create a Critter cartridge to make a personalized birthday card for my parents to give to him. I used three colours of card stock: dark brown for the base layer, a sort of tan colour for the second layer and a lighter brown for the topmost layer. I then rubbed some brown ink along the edges of the cut.


I used the Cricut Pooh marker font to cut out his name in dark brown and used a white shadow, cut at 1". 

I added some adhesive pearls and the vine cut from the Create a Critter cart. I only glued the ends of the vine because I wanted to be able to hang the monkey from it. The reason being is that I adhered a piece of magnet onto the back of the monkey so my son could have his own unique magnet. Isn't it cute?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your comments!

Diana - Teacher Mom